Tuesday, January 10, 2012

First week - complete!

Here I am a week after the start of my diet, watching my DVR of The Biggest Loser again. But this time, I'M 5 LBS LIGHTER!!! Yes, I know a lot of it is just water weight, but it still gives me hope I'm doing the right thing! So, I'm now at 176 lbs. 36 lbs to go.

Now that the work week has started again, I'm definitely back on track with my diet. I'm still drinking Slim Fast for meals sometimes, but if I don't have it available, I'm just working on counting my calories. I'm still not perfecting the water intake, but I'm doing better.

I decided to not continue with my morning aerobics class. Its just too much for me at this point. I figure I will workout on the treadmill and build my fitness up a bit more before committing to such a high intensity class. Last night, I did the treadmill for 45 minutes to replace the class I skipped in the morning. I find the treadmill more difficult than it was before my second pregnancy. I'm not totally sure why that is. I don't know if its because I'm heavier than I've ever been so its more work, or because I've just been sedentary for so long (in comparison, during my first pregnancy, I walked a half marathon), or maybe its my low calories aren't providing enough energy, or maybe its just in my head. Whatever it is, I'm trying to listen to my body while still pushing myself.

I had my yogalates class tonight. I LOVE it. I don't sweat during the class...well, not heavily. But I definitely feel the strength work and love the stretching. I also feel successful in the class because there are some things I can already do fairly well, and some things that I can already feel myself getting better at. Its rewarding. After I told Tim how much I enjoyed it he said I should focus on that and find more class/exercises like that. He thinks if I do something I love, I'll be more likely to continue and be successful. He may be right.

Time to get my sleep! Good night!

UPDATE: After I posted this post last night, I opened a funny card from my mom and had to post here. Apparently not everyone loves yoga:

No comments:

Post a Comment