Sunday, January 8, 2012

Day Six - Cheating

Well, I've cheated on my rigid schedule of working out AND eating. Friday night after trying to convince myself to workout, I ended up NOT doing anything. I just rested. But, I did wake up on Saturday morning and walked briskedly for 30 minutes on the treadmill. Today (Sunday) I haven't done anything yet, but I'd like to get on the treadmill again and maybe do my strength training on my calendar too.

Yesterday I also had a special mommy/daughter day with my oldest daughter. Having a baby definitely changes the lives of the older children. I wanted to give my oldest a special day just for her and me. And I decided it would include food. And I planned on eating that food. We started at Tim Horton's (my daughter's favorite place for breakfast) and I got the Breakfast Wrap with ham. It wouldn't have been too terrible, except there is a creamy sauce on it that I did NOT need. Next time I will remember to ask for no sauce. We went to a museum and walked around and then went for a special lunch - we went to Melting Pot and had cheese and chocolate fondue! It was so yummy and I think my daughter had a lot of fun - especially with the chocolate. I didn't hold back at all eating there. I have a belief that if a young girl sees her mom dieting all of the time, she may instill that as a necessary part of life and will make being skinny more important than it should be. Therefore, I've resolved to not make a big deal of my dieting. I'm also willing to break the rules, especially when it comes to my kids. So cheese and chocolate it was! We ended up having a great day together and I think the extra calories were worth it.

This morning I started off in a bad mood (a particular time of the month is not helping the situation). Instead of a SlimFast shake, I opted for eggs with tortilla. I am suddenly in a much better mood. ;) So, in order to be a decent person, I can't starve myself. This is something I learned previously on a carb-free diet too. No carbs or calories = bitchy Heather.

So, I've veered from my plan, but I'm going to get right back on it today. I've decided (after hearing lots of feedback from people responding to my blogs) that I'm not going to be hard on myself if I have a misstep, need to take things slowly, or need to change my initial plans. As long as I'm working towards eating better and moving more, I'm going in the right direction.

Now...if I CONTINUE to blog about cheating the next few days, please feel free to get on my case and tell me to get back on it. Thanks! :)

2 comments:

  1. Heather,
    Personally, I think what you have done is wonderful! You and your daughter needed that day together. The extra calories will not matter in the long run, but your daughter will always remember that special day!!
    Besides, varying your caloric intake helps keep your body guessing and keeps it losing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right about showing your daughter a good example. I did not snack all week. It's not about perfection, but building on your success week after week. Do a little more each week. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete