Friday, January 6, 2012

Day Four - Things to work on

The big test is coming up – the weekend. This will be a different schedule than I’m used to when at work. Plus, there’s a bunch of food at home for me to snack on. I'm a little worried. Hopefully I’ll be able to control my impulse to eat because I’m bored or eat unhealthy snacks. I’m also going to work hard to keep up my workout plan. It’s Friday afternoon and I’m already wishing I didn’t have to workout tonight (20 mins of aerobics and then abs work scheduled). I really just want to go home and relax and do nothing. I’ve worked hard the last….3 days. I guess it hasn’t been much, has it. *sigh* Fine. I guess I haven’t earned a big break yet.

So far with my diet, I really haven’t been craving food. I’ve been satisfied for the most part. It’s been great. It may be because I’m so focused on my workout sessions that I’m too preoccupied to realize how little I’m eating. I have had 2 days where my calorie tracker told me I was eating too few calories. I know this is a problem. I know if I starve myself, it might make my diet work AGAINST me rather than with me. I’m trying to add more than I originally think I need to make sure I get enough. Who knew my problem would be too FEW calories?

My other problem is water. I know I should be drinking a ton of it and I have a bottle or glass around a lot, but I’m just not drinking it. I haven’t met my water goal once yet. When I was pregnant, for ultrasounds you had to drink a bunch of water in a short amount of time before going to make it easier to see the baby. I almost wonder if I need to do something like that – drink a bunch at a time – in order to get all of my “glasses” in. If you see me anytime soon, feel free to yell "WATER!" at me to remind me to drink it.

Just in case anyone is wondering what my workout plan is (since I keep referencing it), I've tried to insert my January calendar below. The basic idea comes from a Shape Magazine calendar. I just tweaked it a bit to fit in my aerobics and yogalates classes. The link is in my first blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment