Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day Three - Achy

(Did you know "achy" was a real word in the dictionary? I didn't!)

The soreness from my yogalates and aerobics has set in. I woke up this morning after a decent night of sleep but exhausted because my whole body ached. Nothing hurts so bad that I can't move thankfully, but crossing my legs in my normal contorted fashion was a little more challenging than normal today. I also noticed carrying my 7-month old in her infant carrier was very difficult. It was tough to lift in high enough to get it in the van.

I haven't made a final decision on whether or not I'll be returning to the Mix-It-Up Aerobics class. For those who asked, I DID modify most of the exercises to make it easier and I still couldn't get past half of the class. The next class isn't until Monday. I may not return this month and will instead do some exercise DVDs at home until I get a bit more fit. A number of people have suggested Zumba, The Firm and Jillian Michaels. And then there's always the treadmill thats in our mudroom at home. I do think its much safer to faint/puke at home than it is in public. ;)

Despite my soreness today, I still did my strength training this evening. It didn't take long at all, but I was still panting by the end of it. I ended up doing it in my baby's room! It was the largest open space with minimal interruptions. Although, Kaitlyn did join me for part of it. I also did work with a foam roller. OUCH! THAT was tough. Its supposed to help mobility and feel kinda like a massage. It did around my shoulders and my back, but it KILLED on my calves. Not sure I'll ever be able to do that movement correctly.

My diet is still going well. I added a few more calories compared to my first day so that I have more energy when I workout. I also realized SlimFast has a lot of sugar in it and I really enjoy Lean Cuisines, so I'm interchanging those meal items when it fits my mood. Either way, those both will keep me under my calorie limit (which is approx 1200 calories/day).

Many people have let me know that they are also working on losing weight or getting into shape right now. I think that's great! It seems to make it much easier when more than one person is tackling the same challenge. I am using an app on my iPad that also has a regular website. Its called My Fitness Pal.  http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ You record your daily food and physical activities and you can have "friends" on the site who can see some of your information and help to hold you accountable! So if anyone wants to join me on that site and work on these goals together, you can find me with the user name of heathermsu98. Let's do this together! :)

1 comment:

  1. FYI - I read somewhere that the mixes have a lot less sugar than the pre-mixed canned S.F. :)

    ReplyDelete