Saturday, March 2, 2013

Here I go again

I'm baaaaack. And I still have some weight to lose. And I haven't been running. But I guess I'm not HEAVIER than when I started last year, so it isn't all bad. And failing before can't be an excuse not to start back up again. So, I figured I'd restart my blog to hopefully keep myself a little bit accountable.

As of today, my weight is wavering between 165 & 167 (24.7 BMI). I still have a goal of getting down to around 145, if possible. I'm trying out Slim Fast for my dieting, although today...I pigged out. Lots of chips and snacks. That's the problem with weekends and sitting around at home.

I was almost done, hence, the smile.
I have recently joined Team Playmakers, a local running group through a local running store. I attended my first group training this morning. It was about 22 F degrees and MAN was it cold when the wind was blowing. I almost quit after only a quarter of a mile, but luckily the wind was blocked by trees and I somehow warmed up. I wasn't familiar with the trail, so I only went 2 miles today.

I had forgotten how bad that first mile feels. YUCK! My lungs were BURNING and I was so done. I took walk breaks, but tried to run as much as I could. I kept going and by the end I probably could have continued and kept the "f*ck"s to a minimum.

Tomorrow, my husband and I are going skiing, so that will serve as my "cross training" day. I think I will try going to another Team Playmakers run on Tuesday evening.

I'll check in here as often as I can remember to do so. I'll try to be somewhat entertaining so if you stumble upon this blog you won't want to stab your eyes out in boredom while reading it.

Oh, and be prepared for many motivational quotes posted here. I've pinned so many on Pinterest, I feel like I need to use them somewhere! And following the advice wouldn't hurt either.

No comments:

Post a Comment