Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Time for a weight update

A friend just reminded me it has been a while since I updated any information about my weight. On January 2, I was 181 lbs which equalled a BMI of 26.7 (overweight). I am now 167 lbs which equals a BMI of 24.7 (NORMAL weight). So over 4.5 months, I've lost 14 lbs. I'm not meeting my goal of losing 41 lbs by June, but I am getting in better shape and have lost a little bit of weight along the way.

When I signed up for the half-marathon, I made a concious decision to not focus on dieting (as I originally had planned), but to get into decent physical shape through exercise. My thoughts were that after the race I could start dieting while continuing to run. Guess that means I should start dieting again around June 1 (after I pig out after burning a ton of calories during the half-marathon).

I'll try to post some pictures later. There isn't going to be much change to see, but I swore I'd do it. Maybe once I do it, I'll get another boost of motivation. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment