Friday, February 17, 2012

Non-Scale Victory

5 weeks after I had the baby, I tried on some of my pre-pregnancy clothes. I was horrified at how much weight  I had to lose just to be able to pull them on completely. Rather than continue to wear maternity pants (that I was having trouble fitting into because the fat from my belly was apparently dropping into my thighs), I went out and bought some pants that were a size 16, which is the largest I've ever worn. Prior to getting pregnant, I was wearing a size 12. Not tiny, but not overweight either.

Yesterday I had more than one person mention how baggy my size 16 pants looked on me. I agreed. They looked kind of pathetic and I was constantly pulling them up. So this morning, I pulled out the one pair of size 14 jeans I own. I told myself "If they don't fit, its OK. They will someday." THEY FIT! Yes, my belly is pushing at the waist more than it did before I was pregnant, but they are not too tight and I'd say they are my size!

I stepped on the scale and confirmed I have still not lost any additional weight and am still hovering at about 173. But I HAVE lost a pant size which is still a victory! Keep in mind when you're starting exercise or dieting that Non-Scale Victories are just as awesome and are a perfect boost to help keep you going!

3 comments:

  1. WOO! Way to go Heather!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally know what your talking about, it can get so disheartnening when your are trying soo hard and the scales just dont reflect that. I meant to measure my arms legs waist etc before i started getting healthier but i didnt and really wished i had now becuase the cms are dopping off regardless of what my scales say! Way to go heather, you rock and are truely inspiring xoxo

    ReplyDelete